Risotto with Mushrooms
Serves 4 – 6
- 6 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound porcini mushrooms, thinly sliced or 3 ounces reconstituted dried porcini
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and add the garlic and cook until the garlic softens. Add the mushrooms and salt to taste and cook for about 7 minutes over medium high heat. Stir in the parsley. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan heat the remaining olive oil; add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes but do not let it brown. Stir in the rice and coat it well in the oil mixture. Raise the heat, add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- Add the broth a ladleful at a time and allow the rice to absorb it before adding more broth. Add just enough of the remaining broth until the rice is cooked but still has a bit of a bite. Add all but two tablespoons of the mushrooms and stir in.
- Stir in the cheese and salt to taste. Stir in the butter. Transfer to a serving dish and add the remaining mushrooms on top. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2422.