- Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 cups tomato juice, heated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and cook the onion until soft over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice, coating all the rice grains with the butter. Add the wine slowly and cook until it is almost absorbed by the rice, stirring constantly.
- Begin adding the tomato juice, a ladleful at a time, and stir until the rice absorbs each addition of the juice. Continue stirring until the rice is cooked but not mushy and easily flows off the spoon.
- Stir the remaining butter and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
No comments on this recipe.