Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce / Salsa di Pomodori Secchi
Makes 1 Cup
I demonstrated this sauce for guests at a dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. From the looks on peoples’ faces, it was a winner. This dense sauce can be made in minutes. Be sure to toss and coat the spaghetti or rigatoni well with the sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 anchovies in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and anchovies, and stir with a wooden spoon until the anchovies dissolve into the oil. Add the capers, tomatoes, and wine and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are in small bits. Return the sauce to the skillet and reheat just before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 6 - Episode 613.