Tomato, Cheese, and Anchovy Sauce / Pomodoro Mozzarella ed Acciugata
This spicy tomato-and-anchovy sauce is the perfect accompaniment for plain fusilli.
- FOR THE PASTA
- 4 toquarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound homemade or store bought Fusilli
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- (Makes about 2 cups )
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets in salt, rinsed and dried
- 2 Ounces green olives in brine, drained, pitted and diced
- 1 3/4 cups Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 5 ounces fresh Mozzarella (fior di latte), diced
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Grinding ofblack Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring the water to a boil in a pasta pot with an insert. Add the salt and Fusilli. For commercially prepared Fusilli, follow the directions on page 29. For homemade, the cooking time will be less but more than for most types of homemade pasta because of their thickness. Cook until a! dente, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the Fusilli and place them in a large bowl. Toss with the 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover, and set aside.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over low heat, stir in the anchovies with a wooden spoon, and cook until they almost dissolve into the oil. Stir in the olives and tomato sauce, bring the ingredients to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the mozzarella, pour the sauce over the fusilli, and mix everything together very quickly, allowing the cheese to melt. Add the salt, pepper, and oregano, toss again, and transfer the mixture to a pasta platter. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 9 - Episode 902.
No comments on this recipe.