Watermelon in Sparkling Wine / Anguira allo Spumante
SERVES 10 TO 12
Watermelon, a beloved summer fruit in Italy, is often served in sparkling wine, for a refreshing dessert that is perfect for a hot summer day.
- One 4-pound watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Juice oflemon
- 30 seedless white grapes
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 bottle Asti Spumante, well chilled
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Set the watermelon on a work surface and cut off the top to create a lid. Set aside. Scoop out the flesh and cut it into cubes. Place the cubes in the watermelon, add the sugar, lemon juice, grapes, rum and Asti Spumante, and mix gently. Replace the watermelon lid and freeze the watermelon for 1 hour. (Alternatively, chill the watermelon in the refrigerator.)
- To serve, scoop the watermelon filling into goblets, and garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
This recipe was featured on Watermelon in Sparkling Wine / Anguira allo Spumante - Episode 705.
No comments on this recipe.