Mint Flavored Rice with Chicken
- 3 cups cold, cooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced chicken
- 1/2 fresh red or green jalapeno chili, cored and cut into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons oyster-flavored sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 ounce uncooked cellophane noodles
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Rub the rice between your fingers to separate the grains as much as possible.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl it to coat the sides of the pan. Add the minced chicken, chili and ginger, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Scatter the rice into the pan and stir until heated through. Stirring constantly, pour in the egg and continue cooking until it evenly coats the rice. Add the oyster-flavored sauce, pepper and mint. Mix well and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Scoop the rice onto a warmed platter.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch into the pan and heat over high heat. Add the noodles and flash fry. This will take less than a minute. Drain the noodles on paper towels. Garnish the rice on the platter with the noodles.
This recipe was featured on Season 26 - Episode 2618.
I made this for dinner tonight and my oh my! She’s a keeper!!! deepwebsiteslinks.com